Thanks to everyone who came out and presented at our inaugural Monthly Challenge meetup! We had a great variety of Elasticsearch-related projects. Here's a quick rundown from the night:
- Our jumpstart blog post introduced a basic analysis of top reddit IAMA posts using Python's elasticsearch client, then visualized some trip history data from Capital Bikeshare using Kibana.
- Josh Finnie shows how to search and "recommend" beer selections with Elasticsearch. Check out the GitHub repo and slides!
- Tom Panning analyzes NIH data available through the RePORT portal. Check out the GitHub repo!
- Matt Camilli enlightens us on how to use headless browsers to scrape Steam game reviews and put them in Elasticsearch. Check out the GitHub repo!
- Will Sankey explores hospital violations using public CMS data. Check out the presentation slides and the GitHub repo of Ruby code.
- Cameron Maske shows off using Elasticsearch with geo spatial data! Take a look at the GitHub repo for grabbing geospatial data from DC.
Next month's topic will be natural language processing; RSVP to the meetup and stay tuned for a blog post with some details to get you started. Some possible options...